We’re looking for skilled career individuals to join a dynamic sales support organization where you’ll connect with some of the most creative, spirited and energetic people in the industry.
As an inside sales associate, you are a critical business partner to the wholesale & product solutions team. Your in-depth business knowledge of the wealth industry will elevate and add value to the sales experience for advisors by building relationships over the phone. Your role will support prospecting, territory management, relationship building and will become a subject matter expert in the wealth management space.
You will support the sales teams’ work on case consultation, uncovering opportunities and building a valuable pipeline of prospecting opportunities. You will optimize and grow the sales pipeline and act as a key enabler for the sales team to focus on driving revenue.
- Build advisors relationships with prospective and existing accounts, primarily over the phone as well as industry events, in an effort to build and foster relationships through proactive contacts and regular follow-up
- Collaborate and understand the strategic vision of the Regional Sales Director with respect to territory management
- Utilize market intelligence through data mining to analyze aligned key accounts and uncover sales opportunities; lead the generation and pipeline management to enable business growth
- Facilitates & grows relationships with advisors; understands respective business needs and adapts accordingly
- Works in collaboration with Sales Support Associates on shared advisor alignments; service general inquires and advisor support functions where applicable
- Participate and aid in the successful coordination and management of sales conferences and events
- Be a solution provider by asking great questions to uncover needs and present a great solution
- Communicate and promote Great West Life/Canada Life’s value
- Logging and tracking data through internal CRM tool
- Share feedback and suggestions on improving our products and services
Qualifications and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of the wealth industry
- Ability to work in high call volume, fast paced environments; possesses tactics to remain forward thinking and positive while managing rejections
- Progressive, creative and critical thinking skills with an aptitude for new ways of working
- Skilled at building strong, collaborative relationships with multiple business partners across the region and country
- Strategically connect with the right business partners to achieve business results
- Effectively adapts to change where necessary
- Strong written, verbal and virtual communication and influencing skills
- Possesses a passion for working in a high performance, faced-paced sales environment; entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept at working with management to execute on business plans and align to the national business strategy
- Exceptionally analytical, with the ability to sort through data and pull out meaningful intel that will support targeted sales strategies
- Able to work independently
- Post-secondary education in a business discipline such as financial planning or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with an advisor is an asset
- Sales training, inside sales or business development experience would be considered an asset
- IFIC, CSC or LLQP certifications would be considered an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.