What will you be doing? You will:
Join us in a fun, friendly, team oriented environment, working closely with a coach/mentor
Work on a variety of application systems that are used by the Group Customer organization within Great-West Life; assist with software maintenance and make small enhancements to existing applications (design, development, testing and implementation of application changes)
Conduct functional application testing of our end user applications to ensure compatibility with planned OS and MS Office upgrades.
Learn how we use collaboration tools - work with our team to design and develop collaboration solutions to be used by IS team.
Contribute learning from education experience to practical process improvement opportunities.
What will you be using?
The technologies you may be exposed to include, but are not limited to:
Java, Rational Application Developer
VB6, .NET, C++, VBA, Visual Studio
MS Office, SharePoint
DB2, SQL Server, Cognos, MS Access
Mainframe Legacy application systems
COBOL, PLI, JCL, ISPF
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Are in the process of completing relevant post secondary education within a Computer Science discipline
- Are a team player, and have solid teamwork / collaboration skills
- Have strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Are self motivated to learn new technologies and applications
- Have the ability to manage and report on the status of individual tasks
- Can communicate effectively, both oral and written communications
- Have experience working within a formally organized group or team (considered an asset)
- Have relevant work, school, and/or volunteering experience (considered an asset)
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.