This is your opportunity to help transform one of Canada's largest and most trusted companies!
The Special Digital Products team in our Strategic Customer Marketing Business Unit is looking for talented Business Analysts to join us this Winter (January to April 2019). Reporting to the Digital BA Manager in Special Digital Projects, the Business Analyst is responsible for the development of business requirements, analysis, testing and delivery of new applications, enhancements or upgrades to our Digital Assets. The role demonstrates advanced business, systems and digital applications knowledge. The Business Analyst will play a key role working with the agile team and the product owner in creating and prioritizing backlogs, features, user stories, acceptance criteria.
We operate like a start-up within one of Canada's largest Financial Services Institutions, having recently opened collaborative new spaces in London, ON and Toronto, ON.
- Eliciting, analyzing, documenting and managing requirements throughout the project lifecycle (Functional requirements, non-functional requirements, systems requirements, usability / user experience requirements, data requirements, configuration requirements etc.).
- Perform stakeholder analysis to identify people, process, technology impacts.
- Help identify risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Define the business analysis approach including tasks and deliverables based on Agile methodology.
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse groups of stakeholders to drive out program / project level backlog, Agile features, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Lead features and user story prioritization and leverage techniques to drive out business priorities.
- Contribute to the achievement of Agile sprint objectives that meet stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements such as use cases, data dictionaries to support future initiatives.
- Complete process mapping to identify as-is flows, perform fit-gap analysis, and identify any areas for improvement within existing procedures, methods and operations in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Review test strategies, test plans to ensure the quality of the solution being delivered.
- Support training and solution implementation activities and contribute to post-implementation activities.
- Ensure requirements and analysis methodologies, best practices and tools are adhered to.
- Work with team on continuous improvement of processes and tools to optimize team productivity, quality and time-to-market.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Process Mapping and Requirements Elicitation skills.
- Resourceful, results oriented, creative and adept at dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and relationship building skills.
- Business and Technology acumen.
- In the process of completing relevant post-secondary education in one of the following disciplines:
- Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science or Business Administration
- Experience in a web application development environment.
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint.
- System life cycle application development methodologies.
- Requirements analysis techniques and practices such as:
- Business process modelling
- Use cases and scenarios
- Data requirements
- Business rules analysis
- User interface design
- Non-functional requirements
- Features, user stories, story mapping, acceptance criteria
Apply with cover letter, transcript and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.